Monday, September 13, 2004


I'm not sure what I'm enjoying more--physically producing collages or manipulating them digitally to create a variation on the original work. Although I like the original piece, I'm getting something extra--new textures and subtleties that I can't seem to produce when I'm working with the "real thing." I'm really digging the colors here, the two different shades of blue with the silver, layered over old maps that have a blueish green tint. I also scratched the surface of the collage to give it some additional visual interest and depth. The girl in the lower left hand corner is very mysterious to me in a way--she captures a feeling I had often as a child where she's part of the picture but not really of it. There's a sense of disembodiment that I remember well.  Posted by Hello

No comments: