Sunday, March 19, 2006

A Creative Outlet


I've taken over the dining room. One end houses my desk and all of my work stuff--my computer, my files, my books and binders for all of that left brain crap I have to do. Across the (small) room is our round dining room table. Most of the time it's covered with paper, paint, small bits of paper, gesso, gel medium. Tonight, there's a large canvas in the middle of all of it that I've been working for a few weeks now. Eventually I'll get it where I want it. I'm not sure when, though.

This relatively small room houses my creativity. Connected to both the kitchen and the living room, it's smack in the middle of our apartment, a faithful recreation of my brain in a single space. I'm grateful for it, as I'm grateful for my husband, my daughters, the good life I'm building for myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is lovely, I like the unfinishedness of it too. I'm lucky to have a spare bedroom I turned into a computer/sewing/drawing room. I practically live in just that room.

Lovekandinsky said...

We live in a two-bedroom apartment with the second bedroom reserved for my daughters when they're here. My oldest is headed to college this fall and the younger one has taken to sleeping on the couch, so I'm contemplating turning that room into more of a studio. I would love to have a space that is a little more out of the way so that I could close the door on all the clutter. We'll see, though.