Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Illustration Friday--Portrait

For Illustration Friday. . . this is my mantra lately, as I look at leaving a full-time, relatively certain job that I've grown to despise most of the time to do something I really love--help people figure out what they want to do with the rest of their lives.

Letting go is typically hard for me. I don't commit easily, but when I do, I hold onto everything--relationships, jobs, books, clothes--long past the time that I should. I'm always afraid that I'm "misjudging" people or not giving something a chance. If things aren't clearly terrible, then I keep muddling on. Martyr is my middle name. But I've realized that you do have to let go sometimes. You have to make room for new things to come into your life. This book has helped, giving me a lot to think about in terms of how to re-shape my life, how to go for what really sustains me.

So this week, I'm planning to do that. To clear out some space to make room for even better things to come. Wish me luck.

No comments: