Saturday, June 29, 2013

Completion


I'm fascinated by the work that resonates with people. The pieces I love the most are often not the ones that others seem to love. I uploaded this one to Society 6 yesterday and it's now been promoted more than any other piece I've uploaded. It's the back of one of my journals, done mostly as a sort of extended doodle. 

I'm giving up on understanding what people will respond to and just letting it be what it will be. But it's a lesson for me that you can't just share the work that's your "favorite," because it may be that what you love isn't what really has meaning for other people. And if sharing your art is about giving people a way to enter into some beauty or emotion or whatever, then "judging" your art and only sharing what you deem to be acceptable is probably a problem. 

No comments: