Monday, September 02, 2013

Shadow Warrior


This one took me by surprise a little, especially the mouth. It didn't turn out the way I wanted, so I painted over it and got the grey "lips" and then it became her mouth. I scrawled "Shadow Warrior" on the side. It popped into my head and I went with it. 

She's definitely not pretty--a little scary and angry looking actually. She is battle-scarred and is not putting up with anyone's shit. She seemed ghostly to me at first, but then I realized it's more like aboriginal war paint she's wearing. She's expressing a part of me that's ready to kick some spiritual and emotional ass--my own or someone else's. I'm not quite sure yet. 

I turn 50 next week, so she seems part of that movement into the Dark Queen years. I'm less interested in pleasing people and being found "acceptable" now and much more interested in figuring out exactly who the hell I am, why I'm here and what I can get accomplished in the time I have left. Not in the "let's be productive and add to the economy" kind of way that is dominant in our world. No, in the "let's get serious about what's really important/what's my sacred purpose" kind of way. I think she's showing up right now to remind me of this. And to remind me that it's partly about integrating my shadow and partly about being a warrior--fierce and ruthless where it's needed. 

No comments: