Monday, October 07, 2013

All of Me Update


Hard to believe, but in a few weeks I'll be hanging my first show at InFusion Cafe in Philadelphia, PA! 

Yesterday I matted and framed a couple of prints to see how they'll look and I have to say I'm pretty pleased. 

Even more than the art though, I'm excited about how the dialogue part of this is evolving. We've set up an All of Me website, a Facebook Fan Page, and a free journal with 7 days of prompts and affirmations to explore different aspects of ourselves. We've also chosen several prompts to use at the show in November, hoping to get people involved in responding and sharing their experiences. 

For me, art is an opportunity for discovery. It's the discovery and exploration that really turns me on and art is just one way to do that. I also love journaling for self-exploration and conversation with other people to get different perspectives on how they are encountering the world and their own lives. 

Although I'm excited about having my art on display, I'm even more excited about how the All of Me project can engage others in that process of discovery. So much for us to learn about ourselves and each other!


No comments: