Friday, December 06, 2013

Gallery


I've set up a gallery of works that are for sale to make it easier to see the art in one place. So far I've posted only prints, although I will be adding some original paintings as well. 

Right now, the purchase process isn't "one click." I have it set up so that you contact me through a form to let me know the piece you're interested in and then I can let you know what sizes are available and the prices. This is partly because I want to keep some of the "personal" in the sales process. I know that we go for "easy" in this world, but when it comes to art, maybe that's not the best way to go. I like the notion of us having a personal connection. 

I'm still in the midst of finding the best ways to sell art--both on and off-line. Although I've been self-employed for years, there's a big difference in how you market and sell services and how you market and sell art. It's more complicated than you'd think. 

Plus, I have a little ambivalence about selling my art, I've realized, after the All of Me show at InFusion. Although I love that my pieces resonated with people, at the same time it feels a little bit like you're selling your soul, especially since my art is so personal. I'm not painting landscapes here. I'm painting aspects of myself. 

At any rate, tiny steps. I'm focusing on putting myself out there and on trying to learn as much as I can about how to do all this. As with most of life, this is a work in progress. . . 


No comments: