Sunday, January 02, 2005


I got this quote from a creativity site I belong to. It seemed to perfectly capture some of my feelings about art and how the process goes for me. Doing "work that's not my own," and repeating myself seem, in particular, to be my downfall and it was good to read that other artists have the same experiences. I'd actually begun to feel that those were reasons for me to not consider myself an artist, rather than as things that are part of the process. The quote serves double duty, blocking off what was actually a successful attempt to do a gel transfer, but the photo I chose to do the transfer really didn't have enough white space to give a sense of what it was, so it needed to go. You can faintly see the lines of the composition journal in this one.  Posted by Hello

No comments: