Tuesday, January 04, 2005


So I joined the Gluebooks group on Yahoo, something to challenge myself to try a differen technique. I'd read about it on some other blogs and what struck a chord with me was being tired of seeing all of these vintage images featured in art journals, collage, etc. I know that I've fallen into a rut with that--I even seem to somehow shun more modern photos and images as being inauthentic somehow. I love them, but I also want to experiment with other things. So this is one gluebook page I did--no painting or embellishment (hence the few "bald patches" where you can see the lines from the composition book). I wanted to push myself to create a few pages using only magazine images. As the caption indicates (Live Your Best Life), this one is from Oprah Magazine. There are few magazines, actually, that don't drive me crazy with either too much "houswife stuff" (like Better Homes and Gardens) or a total focus on beauty and finding a man. So anyway. . . I can't say that I PREFER this to other pieces of work, but it also pushes me in a different direction--or at least to work a little differently than I usually do.  Posted by Hello

1 comment:

Misa said...

I found myself enjoying gluebooks a lot more than I thought I would. It is almost like I don't have to worry about making them "as beautiful, as perfect as possible."

I liked looking at your images!